Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet puppy Christmas card

This is my first Christmas Card this year. These cute images are from Angel's Landing new release, Ho Ho Hollydays, and this week we were asked to follow a sketch. My card is made with only Core'dinations cardstock - no designer papers, no ribbons, no embellishments. I printed the images in the sizes I wanted, then colored them with Prismacolor pencils. The various panels are dry embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folders then edged in stitching. The puppy's hat is two layers and the fur on both the bird's hat and the puppy's hat is done with white Fun Flock.



The inside is simply done with layers of the three cardstock colors, red, green and blue, with stitching around the edge and a single stitched tree.



I chose the sketch in the lower right corner.




Materials-
Stamps - Angel's Landing
Paper - Core'dinations
Ink/Color - printer, Prismacolor pencils
Other - sewing machine, cuttlebug machine and folders, Fun Flock


My other post for today is here! Please go see.

7 comments:

  1. Love this fabulous holiday card, Cindy! The stunning detail work is flawless!! You blow me away with your remarkable artistry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe that you made the paper and stitching look just like ribbon. I swore it was a pretty ribbon until I reached that part in your post that said it wasn't. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fantastic, Cindy!! I love how you colored these little guys and the flock is wonderful! And THAT LITTLE STITCHED TREE!!!!! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, your stitch detailing is flawless. That little tree on the inside is just such a cute touch. The Fun Flock worked perfectly for those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You don't need designer paper to create a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Peg. I had to go back and scrutinize the "ribbon" to see that it was constructed out of paper and stitching. Stellar work, Cindy. I was also on the Cuttlebug Challenge site earlier and that explosion box is just too cute. Terrific job on that project too!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?