Saturday, September 19, 2009

Something different for me

~~~~~~~~ how fun... this card is going to be in Scrapstreets Mag November issue ... I'll be able to put the picture back then~~~~~~~

Though I've done many vintage print cards in the past, I had gotten away from them with the surge of digital designs. I had an anniversary card to make and thought I'd go back to using a vintage flower print. I did my usual printing of a few copies, cutting some parts out to be used as layering for a 3D effect. With this one I decided to give the print itself a little more texture and used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and debossed the print and the parts to be used for layering. I kind of like the effect... what do you think? Then I embossed the background paper with a different Cuttlebug folder and added some stitching, finishing it off with some dew drops and a gold butterfly.



Materials:
Stamps: none, vintage print
Ink/Color: printer
Paper: Kodak photo paper, Bazzill
Misc: Cuttlebug machine and folders, sewing machine, dew drops, gold butterfly



This project got a Shout Out by Card of the Week.

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! I love how layered prints turn out, and the embossing over it adds an extra nice touch! Love it!!
    (Don't suppose the print is an online one??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Esther! I appreciate your kind words and your taking the time to comment!

    This particular print is from a CD from www.lunagirl.com . Lots of lovely images! I've have several of her CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, this card is gorgeous! So detailed and elegant. This is one of the prettiest cards I have ever seen. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, this card is quite lovely. Your vintage cards were how I found and fell in love with your work. It's so nice to see one pop up again!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and I really love the effect the embossing adds to the images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...how is it that EVERYTHING you create is so absolutely beautiful? It is incredible! I thought I'd seen a lot of beauty within these blogs but yours completely takes the cake!! I'm in awe of such perfection! WOW!! Absolutely spectacular and I kid you not! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow........you knocked this one right out of the park....STUNNING. The butterfly embellishment is the perfect touch....Simply Elegant.

    Hugs....Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond gorgeous my friend! I am so in love with this card Cindy! Every detail is exquisite and the butterfly adds just the right amount of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. Love how it looks, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Stunning Cindy!! I luv the embossed touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful Cindy!
    I love your creativity! The embossing detail is amazing. I love everything in your card!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, I've always been a big fan of your vintage cards. This is just spectactular!! I love the way you debossed it with the swiss dots folder. The image itself is really beautiful and even more so with the flowers popped up. Just a beautiful piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the pretty print and the embossing... great 3D effect. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the added texture. And the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?