Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be Inspired #45

It's Wednesday and that means another Be Inspired challenge at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot. This week's challenge is for you to get in shape! Shaped creativity, that is. Make shaped cards, shaped layouts, shaped whatever! Our sponsor this challenge is Paper Popsicles . For my Shaped sample I used one of Paper Popsicles downloable shaped card files - the turtle.



I printed it twice - once for the card base and another to cut the shell out of. I used a couple Cuttlebug Embossing Folders for the shell detail. The shell itself is debossed Swiss Dots. I then punched circles for the shell detail. The larger ones are embossed Swiss Dots and the smaller circles are embossed Tiny Bubbles. The shell is very 3D!

After you've looked at my little turtle, you just have to go over to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and look at all the amazing 'shape' creations! While you are there, be sure to 'follow' ... we have an amazing couple of months coming up! Hey, be sure to follow me, too!


Materials used:
Downloaded file from Paper Popsicles
Cardstock from DCWV
Cuttlebug Embossing folders - Swiss Dots, Tiny Bubbles
Reinkers, Stampin Up!, for edges of circles and turtle.




This project got a Shout Out by Card of the Week.

13 comments:

  1. Cindy this outstanding!!! How clever and completely adorable!!! Love it!!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy:)
    I love your adorable `Turtle` Fabulous...TFS
    Have a great week:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I love the embossing on this cute turtle. What a fantastic shaped card! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! your turtle card is AWESOME!!! how creative is that, i love all the embossing work. you did fabulous job with this challenge.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented and creative. He or she is so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy this is adorable! I absolutely love the way you did the shell. You are very creative and talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little turtle! I especially like the debossing effect. (I've used that a time or two myself.) Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Totally awesome card!! That turtle shell is the cleverest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute turtle Cin!
    Love all the work you did on the shell! Turtly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little turtle:) Cindy you did a fantastic job, love all the layering and embossing on his shell, looks fabulous!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy,

    This is totally amazing I love the embossing and just WOW my mom collects turtles I have to try this some time. I have seen that CB folder used in a million creative ways and I do not have it I have to get it!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT card!! Myrtle would definitely love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?