Friday, September 23, 2011

Vintage Birthday


It's been a long time since I've worked with vintage images, yet they are probably my favorite images to use on cards. I'm going to get back into them. You can do a search for free vintage images and come up with lots of sources for them.  I get them free online, pay for some online and have several CDs of them.  I'll be posting a few soon for Halloween.  Vintage Halloween images make the best cards and tags.




I made a coordinating box for this card.  The crinkled seam binding is from Kristen.  I find this easy to use, particularly since I'm all thumbs when it comes to tying ribbon.  This ribbon is so forgiving.




The really cool scrolly pieces are Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss Ornamental Iron.  This is a set of two pieces - a die for cutting various shapes, including the scroll above and an embossing folder to coordinate with the pattern.  I hadn't used this before and know I will be going to it more now that I have. The sentiment inside is a large Birthday Greetings sticker from SRM Stickers.

Patterned paper is K&Company.  The gold tone piece is something I probably picked up on eBay.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.


ETA:  Have had a few requests asking where this particular image came from and I honestly didn't think I'd be able to come up with it.  I have a habit of downloading things in a hurry, with no organization to it.  I surprised myself and found this one in a folder called Clearly Vintage Blogspot!  Here is the direct link to this image, but be sure to look around at all the other great images.

13 comments:

  1. Cindy, your vintage card made me gasp out loud! So pretty; so very Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how rich and elegant! Beautiful card!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant! Love the stitching on the card and the coordinating panel on the box.

    ;)Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vintage cards are simply stunning! It looks like you spent hours creating one card. Absolutely beautiful! I am floored. Thanx so much for sharing and the inspiration.

    PS I think is is about time I try (once again) to make friends with my sewing machine :O He bites

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - can you share from where you got this particular vintage image???
    It's really adorable.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Added link to blog post to source of image. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, I have some of these vintage postcards that were my great aunts, thank you for a great idea. I too get all my crinkled ribbon from Kris Swain's etsy shop, she has such great colors.
    Cherylann (prinkles)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you for providing the link to the image. Your work is really just beautiful - I always enjoy seeing your creations.
    Thank you again. I have to post anonymous because, for whatever reason, I can't post a comment with my google account.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, cute image and beautiful papers and the die cut is awesome.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a "WOW" card... Cindy this is just breath taking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! Love the vintage image and the use of the Cuttlebug die cut for the border. GORGEOUS CARD, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?