Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello everyone. Stopping in today to share a sympathy card I made yesterday.  I had this nice long weekend and knew I wanted to at least get this card made, yet I waited till last minute to do it. 



Not long ago I made a wedding card for the Cricut Circle Blog using two of the Cuttlebug Embossing Plus folders and I knew when I finished it that it would be a card I would repeat for other occasions, changing colors, sentiments and embellishments as needed. As elegant and detailed as it appears, it's not that difficult.  The  embossing plus folders do most of  the work.




The butterfly is from the Cricut Everyday Pop-ups cartridge.  Cut from light yellow paper and  glimmer misted.  I actually used several different colors, lightly wiping them off, until I found a look I liked with the card.


The flower is made with the Cuttlebug Daisy Quilling kit and Cuttlebug Rose Quillilng kit (leaves).  Love these flowers and so easy!!  Also cut from yellow paper and glimmer misted them the color I wanted.  


The Thinking of You sentiment is from the Cricut American Alphabet preloaded cartridge on the Expression 2.  I love the alphabets and phrases on this cartridge.  Just the right amount of swirls on them.



Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!

Cricut Expression 2
Cricut American Alphabet cartridge
Cricut Everyday Pop Ups cartridge
Cuttlebug Embossing machine
Cuttlebug Brocade Window Embossing Plus
Cuttlebug Lace Door Embossing Plus
Cuttlebug Daisy Quilling kit
Cuttlebug Rose Quilling kit (leaves)
American Crafts Cardstock (yellow, coral, brown)
Glue Arts Foam adhesive 
Glimmer Mist

ETA dimensions per request:  

Approximate sizes:  Trim the Brocade Window piece down to 5 x 7 and layer onto a piece of 5 1/8 x 7 1/8 green and place the small cutout from the Lace Door folder in the center.    Trim the Lace Door frame embossed piece to 3 7/8 x 5 3/4.

Cut sizes:
Thinking of You is cut on the E2 at .7 (Cricut American Alphabet)
Butterfly is cut at 1.12 (Everyday Pop Up Cards)

Flower is quilled using 2 small petal strips and 2 large petal strips (Daisy Quilling set)

16 comments:

  1. Wow Cindy! That is beautiful! So much intricate detail!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Cindy! That flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I admire your talent at making such exquisite cards at the last minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! I just love your designs! Always such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cindy that is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL..... I have tired to use the quilling kits, but my flowers don't turn out like that.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous card! I love the layers and all of the elements. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy I forgot to ask you how what the measurements were for this card... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy
    Gorgeous card and I thank thank thank you for posting the measurements. I struggle so often with sizing and the embossing plus folders. I often thought of trimming them but I get chicken and then the card is humungous. (and I don't want it that big). So again thank you.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You amaze me. This card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're card is stunning.

    Yvonne
    www.ink-spirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, love the butterfly!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW this card is beautiful. Yo are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cindy! Just Gorgeous!... when you posted something similar, you made me go after work and purchase Lace Door (had Broccade) embossing folder!... now you are making me go purchase quilling kits! [smile] Thanks for the inspiration! Just love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?