Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Seeded Paper Earth Day tag

A quick post today just to show you a little fun with the Cricut Imagine...... I've been printing and cutting Printable Seeded Paper.  There are so many great Imagine images to use on this paper, for any occasion.... showers, weddings, birthdays, holidays, etc.


Below is the printed image on the seeded paper.


and here is the cardstock back piece.


This one is perfect for Earth Day (April 22).  The heart shaped earth is from the Imagine Better Together cartridge.  I Print/Cut it on my seeded paper at 3", then chose the same image at 3.2" and flood filled it with a coordinating pattern from the same cartridge and print/cut it from cardstock. I cut this layer to put behind the fragile seeded paper cut.  This particular seeded paper is quite thin.   I  punched holes in the tops and ran a hemp cord through them.  Now I have a tag appropriate for Earth Day that I can incorporate into a card or hang on a gift.  When ready to plant, the seeded image can be torn off and planted in a pot or garden.  This particular paper is annual flowers, but I know they come in perennials, wildflowers, herbs, etc. 


Where to get plantable paper:  Google Seeded Paper or Printable Plantable paper or something like that... you'll come up with all kinds of sources.

If you are a Cricut Circle member, stop over at the Cricut Circle Blog and check out a few more projects I've made with my Imagine and printable seeded paper.  So fun and fast!

6 comments:

  1. Narelle sent me here and I'm so glad she did, this is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy!
    I couldn't figure out why I would *need* the Imagine when scrapbook paper is much less expensive. I see why now...I love this machine and I am going to save up for one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! What a wonderful way to use paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful idea. I am behind on emails and am so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Keep all the good memorie...they will come at the most unexpected times. I wish you peace & comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always - super creative and super cute!!


    Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. God's blessings to you for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

    Big hugs,
    Stefanie
    (we met at the Atlanta Swarm)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?