Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The new All In One embossing system by Provo Craft

While at CHA I got to spend a little time demonstrating a fun new product by Provo Craft.  Many of us love to use the embossing folders to add texture and dimension to our projects, but sometimes the folders don't lend themselves to be used exactly where we want on the paper or in the direction we want.  Provo Craft has come up with this new system that can be used with the Cuttlebug that gives us a little more power over the placement... okay,  A LOT more power over the placement.   This new system is the Cuttlebug All In One 6 x 9 embossing folder!






For this card I used 7 different elements - each element has two pieces - one green and one clear. Here's the pieces to create the word BIG. 

Below is what the system looks like after I've loaded the embossing pieces onto it where I want them - how cool is that... where  want them.  You place the green pieces onto the green plate, place the clear pieces on top of their corresponding green pieces, then let the clear plate of the system drop onto the green plate ... let it drop onto it as opposed to gently closing it.  Letting it drop from as little as an inch or so above locks the clear pieces into the clear plate so when you open it up everything is lined up and ready to go... no counting the holes trying to figure it out yourself.    Now you are ready to insert your paper, close the All In One folder, add two B-plates and run through your Cuttlebug as usual! 




Right now there are four different sets.  Two of which are monogram sets and two are theme sets.  I used pieces from two of them for this card.  They can easily be mixed and matched for whatever you are making.  The theme sets come with a 'full sheet' design and some smaller design elements.  The monogram sets include the alphabet and a couple small design elements. Each set comes with it's own storage container. 




Other Card details:
The Paper Temptress has some of my favorite papers for dry embossing!  They just work so well with embossing folders and now the Provo Craft Cuttlebug All In One system.  The papers I used here are Citron, Green Textured Felt, and Silver Ore Glimmer - all fabulously sturdy papers. The cake image is print and cut using my Imagine and the Imagine Yummy art cartridge.  The patterned paper is also printed from the Yummy cartridge! 

What do you think?  Is this a system you are going to have to have?  I love it and hope they come out with lots and lots of image sets for it!!  I'm not sure when it's being brought to market - hopefully very soon!!

13 comments:

  1. I really like this. Should be fun "personalizing" our cuddlebugged items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! im always thinking they need to make the embossing folders larger so u can emboss larger papers (like to cover a whole card) and this is so perfect! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, can't wait to get my hands on it, thanks for sharing and your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, I'm always wanting something that says something different than what I have. I can't wait for it to make it to the stores!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, you card is great, and I think I am going to LOVE this new system! This is a brilliant way to be able to design just the right style! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! How creative of PC to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, this new embossing system looks great and far more versatile than the older system. As I am in the UK I won't hold my breath to being seeing this on sale here before 2012 lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes! That is so cool! I love your card, Cin! Fabulous as always! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your card. I look forward to have the new Cuttlebug folders to create new projects and new cards. Thanks for sharing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool! Thank you for showing this. I have been looking all over the internet trying to figure out what it does. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy I purchased the set at the Orlando Meetup and love it! Went to Joann's and bought the second set. Can not wait for the next theme set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have all 8 new folders plus master folder bu am having problems with creasing especialy on the smaller pieces

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?