Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tag Tuesday


Hello friends! It's Tag Tuesday again, when I share a tag (or two) using a similar product as Shantaie!  This week, Shantaie is using the Imagine More cartridge and printable vinyl on her Imagine That project.  This one challenged me, as far as creating a tag, because I wanted to use the printable vinyl, too, yet not just stick it to a paper tag.  I remembered I had a 5 x 7 piece of aluminum flashing (from the hardware store) and decided to cut it into tags.  I cut it down to the sizes I wanted using my Tonic guillotine cutter that I use for paper.  It cut easily without any problems.  I printed two pieces of patterned paper on the printable vinyl using the Imagine and the Imagine More cartridge.  After I adhered the patterned pieces of vinyl to the aluminum pieces and inked them up a bit with Ranger alcohol ink, I used my Corner Chomper to round the corners, otherwise they are pretty sharp. I then sanded the edges a bit to be sure they weren't too sharp.  Next I Cuttlebug Embossed the aluminum tags, one with the Moroccan Screen folder and the other with the Distress Stripes folder. After that I cut a couple of the images from the Imagine More cartridge and adhered them to the tags, elevating some pieces for texture.  The tags are finished off with gem-brads and string.

Now be sure to stop over to see Shantaie!  I haven't seen what she's created at the time of me writing this post, but I can guarantee that if she's using the printable vinyl, it's going to be great! 

10 comments:

  1. Awsome way to use the Vinyl!!! Love these tags....LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Cindy, I am really impressed with the tags, etc... but I must admit the armadillo in boots is just the best!!!
    Great projects, and I'm really happy to see all that you are doing with this awesome vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look and the wondeful colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tags and a great way to use aluminium and vinyl together.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really really cute! I love how you used the aluminum.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?