Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mojo Monday, Meljen's and The Paper Temptress...




The title just about covers the details of this card, but I'll elaborate just in case you are interested.

I didn't set out to make this a Mojo Monday card, but as I went along I realized the layout was looking familiar, so I checked the Mojo sketch for this week and sure enough, it was so close I just added a little to it and it fit perfectly. 

This is an image from Meljen's that I colored quite a while back.  Whenever I sit down to print/color digital images, I always select a few so I can print a full page and color several with my Copics in one sitting.  Then I'm ready to create something with them whenever the urge hits me.  I glanced up from my craft counter and saw this image balancing on a punch, where I usually do just set them up there so I don't totally forget about them, and decided it was time to use it since it had the little hearts and would fit in with this time of the year, Valentine's day. 

This card is a Paper Temptress card.  All the papers are from The Paper Temptress -  Heavenly White Ultrasmooth Premium cardstock for the image, Jupiter Red Stardream, Citron green, and brown bag.  The red and green papers are a really nice heavy cardstock.  The red has a pretty shimmer. The green is the heaviest paper I've come across - it's darn close to chipboard! Embosses beautifully! All of Patricia's papers are a pleasure to work with!

The heart and metal piece on the lower right corner of the image are hot fix gems, but I can't recall where I got them. They were an extra included in an eBay order several weeks ago. I applied them with my Imaginisce iRock.  The brads... same thing... can't recall.. it was a box of dog related brads I picked up some where along the way.  I'm really bad with ribbon and tend to stay away from it, so I wrapped red cotton cord around it instead.

The green cardstock is dry embossed with the Cuttlebug and the Houndstooth (of course!) embossing folder.  The vertical border of bones is made using my Cricut Expression and the Cricut Paper Pups cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by today. It's a great sketch... you should give it a try! (click on the sketch to go to Mojo)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...great card. Colouring and sewing is perrrrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, love it, you can't go wrong with a dog image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, really cute image and I love those brads.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?