Monday, November 2, 2009

Spread the Love for Jaimie


If you've 'hopped' here then you are aware of this tragedy. For those of you that did not 'hop' here, then please take a minute to read this and perhaps you'd like to send Jaimie a card, too.

"On October 4th, 4 teenagers armed with knives broke into a home in a small town in New Hampshire. Alone and sleeping inside were a mother and her 11 year old daughter. These 4 boys broke into this home with the intent to rob and kill anyone inside. They stabbed the mom, Kimberly Cates, to death and left her daughter, Jaimie, for dead in their driveway. It was a completely random act, their home was chosen only due to its secluded surroundings."

Our hope is that everyone hopping around today will stop for a moment and think about Jaimie and her father and what life must be like for them now. One moment in time has changed their lives forever. We are asking that everyone reading this message please take a moment to make a card and send it off to Jaimie. You can make something very simple or much more involved, but please share some words of hope and love and let her know that people do care and want the best for her. Please send your card to the address below:

Jaimie Cates
c/o Mont Vernon Fire Station
Main Street
Mont Vernon, NH 03057

Every time I think about this young girl and the horrific thing she went through, I get a knot in my throat. Sometimes this grand world of ours is just so cruel! I made the above card for Jaimie and it will go out in today's mail. I chose her favorite color combination... hot pink and black and I chose this sweet Karate girl image because Karate is something Jaimie likes to do. I hope she is able to keep her enthusiasm for the things in life she loves ... Karate, Skateboarding, biking, Razor rip stick, and snowboarding. If you would like to read more of Jaimie's story, you can go the blog dedicated to her and this card drive and find links in the side-bar.

Please take the time over this next week to hop along to other blogs featuring cards for Jaimie, If you can, please do send her a card. If you can't, that's certainly understandable, too, but please do keep her in your prayers.

If you arrived at my blog from Denise's blog then you are hopping along just fine and your next stop is Crissy's blog. If not, then you can go to Katharina's blog to start at the beginning. Be sure to say hello to everyone along the way. I've always loved how the paper-crafting community comes together in times like these.

(I'm not going to get into the details of this card because that's not the reason for the post. I will acknowledge Mo of Digital Pencil Too for the Karate girl image)

48 comments:

  1. Very cute card for Jaimie. Being a participant in the blog hop, I am just hopping around to see all the lovely cards the participants made. Jaimie is really going to be touched!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image! So perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card for a very brave girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! THis is just precious and what a perfect image for Jaimie!! Thank you so much for your support!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! She will love the image and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy this is adorable! I am sure she will love it since she loves Karate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card... Love the image you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card Cindy! It's perfect for Jaimie! Thanks so much for joining in our hop today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely card!!! Seems so fitting for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! What a perfect image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an appropriate creation for Jaimie .. she's going to love it!! Thanks for helping to spread the word .. I have done the same .. if you'd like to see my creation please visit my blog here: http://darscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2009/11/please-help-spread-love-hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that image is perfect!!! She is sure to love it. Beautiful and I can't say enough how glad I am to be on the blog hop.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a perfect card for Jaimie. You rocked the hop, Cindy! I'm sure it will bring a smile to Jaimie's face and lift her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet card. I'm sure she will love it.

    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute image! Perfect for a black belt :) Great to be a part of the hop with you!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card! I'm sure Jaimie will love it. I have one ready to send out tomorrow. You can see it here if you would like to.

    hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word, I hadn't heard about this...**tears*** what a horrible, horrible thing! Your card is beautiful. I will get one made right away also. Thanks for the info Cindy! Putting Jaimie in my prayers...
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Cindy ;-) The image is fabulous ! Perfect ;-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great card for her!
    I'm sending mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cindy you have found the perfect image for your card. What a an adorable card for Jaimie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card!!! I bet Jaimie will really like it. I'm sending a card too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fabulous card and for a very wirthwhile cause. I hop ethat we can al show this poor child some hope for the future. I will be making my card today
    Hug
    Suzannex

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a gorgeous card, a perfect one for Jaimie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm sure she'll love it, have posted my card to her today :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty card my friend!
    Jamie will LOVE it!
    So glad to be a part of spreadig the love with you!
    Hugs,
    True :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a perfect image you have found for Jaimie! It´s a lovely card!


    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Cindy

    oh my gosh your card is fantastic! what a perfect image!!!

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm sure Jaimie will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cindy what a fantastic card, I know Jaimie has a black belt, so how cool is this, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is fabulous cindy!!! Perfect for Jaimie!!! Thanks so much for being a part of this with us, Hugs, erin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card!!

    I'll make mine to her tonight.

    Hugs, Susa

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic card, Jaimie will love it, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been enjoying seeing so many blogs that are new to me.
    I hope we can cheer Jaimie.
    Here's the card I made and sent

    http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/11/color-throwdown-for-cause.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW - your card for Jaimie rocks!
    She will love it!
    Take care xx
    Anne -:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful card! Love that little Karate girl. This is such a special card for a very special girl.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fantastic card for Jaimie - perfect image and colours! I love the sophisticated simplicity with just the right touch of embelishment without drawing away from the image or the receiver. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fantastic card for Jaimie - perfect image and colours! I love the sophisticated simplicity with just the right touch of embelishment without drawing away from the image or the receiver. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh, Cindy, this is so perfect for Jaimie! Fabulous!!!
    Blessings, Maria
    ... Joyful Stamper: Blog Hop & Card Drive

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the Karate girl - perfect for Jaimie! Thanks for joining in the Spread the Love blog hop. I'm overjoyed at the number of caring people in the stamping community - Jaimie's sure to be pleased! My card is here.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a perfect image for Jaimie's card!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cool card for Jaimie, just right! Here's my card that I made for Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh! You've selected the perfect image!! Love your card and bet Jaimie will too!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?