Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Be Inspired #56

This week's challenge at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot was to create something signifying gratitude or Thanksgiving. We were given Teresa Collins journaling paper kits to use. This was a tough challenge for me. I couldn't very well just make a card with this paper. I opened my kit and was really loving the pink and black papers, but wasn't familiar with the products and didn't know where to begin. I left them in plain sight for days and looked through them every time I walked past them and finally decided to just jump in and create, cutting up the papers, using bits and pieces here and there. It was fun! Felt a little guilty cutting up all those awesome pages of various elements, but I like my finally product. This little mini-book in pink/black will be filled with pics of my four granddaughters, as I am so grateful to have them in my life! (Click on the pics for larger views of the details)





This project also forced me to use my Bind-it-all! I will definitely be using it more! I cut all my pages of heavy cardstock and then bound them with the Bind-it-all. I then cut the coordinating pink cardstock, dry embossed each page with a different Cuttlebug folder and assembled the various parts from my Teresa Collins kit on each page, gluing into place. After it was all assembled, I added buttons, rhinestones and brads to the pages and ribbons and safety pins to the binding wires.


Now you must hop over to Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot to see the stunning creations by the design team and we have special guest designers today .... Teresa Collins and Jamie Harper!!

Be sure to check out my next post for today .... (click pic)

Materials:
Paper: Teresa Collins, Bazzill
Misc: Cuttlebug and folders, Bind-it-all, ribbons, rhinstones, buttons, safety pins,

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely album, Cindy. Great idea to attach the safety pins to the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,I would never had known you were "out of your comfort zone" with this album because it is "the bomb" girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy I just love this! What a stunning album. I have been wanting a Bind it all, do you love yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I love your little album. No doubt it will be even more beautiful when you add pictures of your granddaughters. I fell in love with the kit...great papers and easy to follow instructions. I have not yet added photos yet either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome project! Love it Cindy!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy def not out of your comfort zone here!!!Your book is beautiufl...such a treasure ..(even more hen you add photo`s of your dear GD`s)
    TFS
    Have a lovely week:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is amazing!!! How long did it take you to make that???? I LOVE every detail! Great job, My Friend!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?