Saturday, November 21, 2009

Poinsettia Card and Gift Box


Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot asked me to show our readers a box and cards gift set for Festival of Lights Make and Take this morning. Pop over there and see the instructions on making this card, as well as all the other amazing things going on for the Festival of Lights!! Leave comments - there are an amazing amount of fabulous prizes to win!!!

I have decided to use the box as a matching gift box, rather than a box to hold the cards, so I made a coordinating envelobox for one of the cards. How nice to have a card that completely matches the gift box, including the envelope.


Above is the card sitting on the open envelobox that has a magnetic closure. Below shows all three... the gift box, the card and the envelobox, all with Cuttlebug embossed snow flurry and with die cut poinsettias (BossKuts)


I carried the embossed snow flurry to the inside, as well, and added a sentiment. The card, envelobox, and gift box are all trimmed with silver metallic stitching.









Materials:
Paper: The paper store, bazzill, becketts, vellum
Images: Computer printed sentiments
Inks: Copics to add color to die cuts
Misc: Boss Kuts die, silver brads, sewing machine, cuttlebug, cuttlebug embossing folder, basic grey magnet closure

25 comments:

  1. What beautiful projects you have showcased on your blog!! I love this poinsettia box. WOW!! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and elegant.. gorgeous work!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond beautiful! I love every single detail! You are SO amazingly talented...and of course still my hero!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I forgot to ask...Can I borrow your BC poinsettia? Hehe...just kidding...just checked out your tutorial...awesome job, Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card, envelobox and the gift box are just beautiful! What a great great idea! Love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful work Cindy! It looks so elegant. I agree with Lisa. You are so talented.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and truly inspiring!
    Thanks for teaching.
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and gift box, I love the use of vellum with the red poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cindy, I love the detail on your box. The poinsetta really pops. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful cards! Your site truly inspires (and awes) me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these cards and the box. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! this is just beautiful! Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just perfect - so elegant and doesn't look very hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful box (and cards)! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous,I really like the combination of everything.

    Bugeyes

    www.deescraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cindy this is just gorgeous! I absolutely love how elegant the whole set looks. What a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cindy -

    I love this! What a wonderful idea and it is so absolutely beautiful! I think these would make wonderful gifts.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply elegant gift idea...I would have a hard time giving it away,though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How Beautiful and elegant!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a question for you: what is the number of the BossKut die you used? A friend of mine had one, and I want to buy it, but cannot find the number anywhere... also if you wish to sell it, I'd be delighted to buy it from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?