Thursday, July 30, 2009

Penny Black Hedgie



This is my entry into the Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge . For this card I pulled out a Penny Black Hedgie. I haven't used a hedgie stamp in ages and they are so cute. It was fun to use it again.

There is orange stitching around the edges to match the cardstock as well as floral stitching on the vertical bars on the right edge of the card. The hedgie is watercolored with Tombow markers and layered for a 3D effect. The butterfly is a Spellbinder die cut, cut from vellum and inked. Designer paper is K&Company; cardstock is Bazzill. This card is a big 5 x 7!

12 comments:

  1. Cindy this is the cutest entry I have seen for this challenge yet! I love the stitching. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing. I love your coloring, the sewing, colors you chose, well, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute card, Cindy. I love your stitching, it's new for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Cindy. That stitching is incredible. Good luck on the guest designer challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I think my Janome has sewing machine envy---LOL! The stitching really adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card...your stitching is amazing! I love the colors you've chosen and Hedgie is so adorable! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hedgie, but the stitching takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable. The stitching makes it shine. Nice to see a little hedgie again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another work of art Cindy!! Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the orange and the sewing! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?