Sunday, December 6, 2009

Vintage Santa





I love using vintage prints for cards and tend to get away from doing it. I think this is a great Santa image.


I printed the image on photo paper and matted it. The dry embossing is done on Core'dinations paper with Cuttlebug's new Snow Flurries embossing folder for the background and an older snowflakes one for the other panel. The holly branch is Cricut Cut from Joys of the Season cartridge. Berries are 'dew drops'. I stitched around all the various panels, inside and out.

Inside has stitching and dry embossing, as well as holly leaves.



I also made a matching box for it using the same papers and a holly sprig on top.



Thanks for stopping by. Would love to hear what you think.

Materials:
Image: vintage print
Paper: The Paper Company, Coredinations, Photo
Inks: Printer, Ranger Distress (paper edges)
Misc: Cricut machine, Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Cricut JOTS cartridge, Dew Drops, Sewing Machine


Challenges:
Everybody Art (Stitching)
Pollycraft (Christmas)
All That Scraps (Christmas)
Creative Card Crew (Christmas)
Stamp with Fun (Christmas)
Flourishes (Clean and Simple) it really is simple.
Paper Temptress (Christmas)
Cupcake Craft (Red and Green)


ETA: This card was featured on Card of the Week Shout Out, as well as SNR The Card Universe the week of 12/6/09! Thanks to both!!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful card, Cindy! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The details are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely fabulous card, Cindy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!!!! So elegant!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful. So much detail. Ilove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is simply stunning, so amazing, you should be so happy! and whoever received will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely beautiful! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning ;) thanks for joining ATC and Pollycraft challenges this time,
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, this is just gorgeous!!..I wish I felt comfortable with my sewing machine because your added touch of sewing just puts it over the edge!!..Thank you for reminding me I have Christmas vintage on a disk!!..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, Cindy, this is really fabulous. I LOVE that vintage Santa image and your card came out wonderful. That new Cuttlebug folder is super. I can't wait to get my hands on it!! I love the holly sprigs and the handmade box. Your creations really blow me away! It was so nice to see you participating in the Creative Card Crew Christmas challenge this week. Hope to see you back with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the dry embossing and the santa.
    Thanks for joining EAC.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is gorgeous!! What a presentation, too! Thank you for playing FTTC with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tis is a most beautifully elegant card! You have created a work of art. Simply beautiful!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making vintage cards! This one is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO beautiful! Amazing work! I LOVE that Vintage print!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I left a message on the cuttlebug blog also, this is just over the top stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.... LOVE ALL YOUR AMAZING DETAILS....
    PATRICIA ROSE

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?