Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Angel's Landing gets edgy.

This week Judi, illustrator of Angel's Landing's ridiculously cute designs, asked us (the design team) to create something where we 'finished' our edges. I went back to the Polar Bear collection released last month and created a card, where I 'serged' my edges. I used my serger sewing machine and gave the edges a yellow and green thread wrap to match the cardstock.








This card is also a gift card or money holder, too. I put pockets on the inside that can be used to place gift cards, money, notes, etc. Senders choice!


The image was printed on white cardstock that was first painted with Gesso so that I could heat emboss the image when it came out of the printer. I colored it then with Copics, though Copics don't act like Copics when you use this method.

Now be sure to stop over at the Angel's Landing blog for links and pics of the other Design Team member's fabulous, edgy creations!

Materials:
Images: Angel's Landing
Paper: Bazzill Dots
Ink/Color: Printer, Copics
Misc: Gesso, Sewing machine, Snowflake buttons


Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges (Gift Card Holder) ETA: This card won at Crazy 4 Challenges!! Thanks so much!!!
Paper Cutz (digital)
Caardvarks (digital)



Thanks for stopping by. Would you do me a favor and hop over here to Michael's and rate this card I have entered into their contest? I'd sure appreciate it!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my, Cindy!! Your perfectly stitched edging is absolutely gorgeous!! What a remarkable creation, inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy, lots and lots of stitches on your card! It is gorgeous. I also love the mix of colors you used. Beautiful card!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Cindy I love the edges you did with the sewing hun, its BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the inside tooo:) Beautiful job on the challenge hun!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, your cards are always so perfectly detailed and this one is no exception! The serged edges are FABULOUS and I LOVE the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your serged edges!! does this mean I need to dust off my serger?! and your inside is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful details inside and out, especially the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, love the rich colours and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Cindy!! I love your sewing and the colors and design!! Sweet image!! Such a cheery and well made gift card holder card!!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. The serging looks really neat in that close-up photo. I like how you've adapted the winter sentiment from this set, and the pockets are a nice surprise inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, I love how you've used non-traditional colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?