Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Angel's Landing Season's Tweetings

This week the Angel's Landing design team was asked to create something using some stitching .. machine, hand, or faux. I chose to use one of the new cardinal designs from Season's Tweetings. I printed the image, colored it with Prismacolor pencils and then did a cracked glass technique on it using VersaDazzle as my embossing ink for the UTEE.

I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine to create the sewn panel. After sewing it, I colored the leaves and berries with Prismacolor pencils. I never thought of doing that before, but you can be sure I will again. Be sure to stop over at the Angel's Landing blog to check out the other super creations with sewing.
Be sure to check my other post for today....... click on pic

Materials:
Paper: Coredinations
Image: Angel's Landing Season's Tweetings
Ink/Color: Printer, VersaDazzle, Prismacolor pencils
Misc: Cricut, Sewing Machine, UTEE

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Cindy!! The Versadazzle under the shattered glass looks awesome with this delightful image so beautifully colored!! Love the stitched leaf edge!! Such a wonderful holiday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! just beautiful! and love the CG! the stitched leaf border is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Cindy! I LOVE your fancy stitching and your beautiful cracked glass! And it looks like we both used the same TH grungeboard! (Mine will be posted Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, what a beautiful card! I love all the effects you put on it. Clever use of the stitches also!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cracked glass looks terrific on this image, Cindy. I also like how you've colored the patterned stitch with Prismacolor pencils. Neat idea to highlight it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?