Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Sugar Glider Hello from Angel's Landing

This week the Angel's Landing design team was asked to make a card. Well, since that's what I usually do, I decided I should at least make a different kind of card, so I chose this "spring" card. It's called such because when you pull it out of the envelope it "springs" up. (in theory anyway.. mine is kind of heavy with paper layers and embellishments) And yes, it does fit in an envelope. More specifically, an envelobox.

Isn't the image just the cutest? I printed it a few times, colored with Copics and Prismacolor Pencils, then cut and layered parts for a 3D effect. I stitched lots of branches on the main panel and then I did the same for the bottom stand part only to realize after that you can't see them when it's in position. Oh well - I get an E for effort. The flowers and branches were cut on my Cricut.

When folded flat it is somewhat thick from all the paper branches and flowers, but it does fit into the envelobox I made for it.



Stop by the other Design Team blogs to see what cards they made for today. Links are in the side bar or can preview over at the Angel's Landing Blog

Materials:
Stamp- Angel's Landing, 'Hello" is from CDS Louby Loo Billy and Maggie Fall Fun
Paper- DCWV, Bazilll
Ink/Color - Printer, Copics, Prismacolor pencils w/OMS
Other- Cricut, Sewing Machine, Stickles, flower brad

Have a great day and thanks for stopping in.
Don't forget to check out my other post for today.

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous! He is so stinking cute! Love the dimenstions and great colors. Great folds... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, this little guy has always been one of my favorites from AL!
    What gorgeous work you did creating him in layers!! Wonderful colors and sensational stitching details!!

    A beautifully crafted masterpiece!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! love your 3D Sugar Glider and I love the spring card too!! darling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this sugar glider image. You've done some beautiful stitching on this card. All the layering adds so much interest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet little critter! and I love how you layered him so his little paws cup his cheeks!!! great spring card - I have yet to try one of these! your colors are super on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Cindy!! He is so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy,

    This card is soooooo gorgeous!!!!! Lovely, lovely work!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Cindy! I love the design and mostly...THAT is a CUTE squirrel!~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Cindy Loo Hoo!
    I have never seen that fold before. Way cool!
    As always, your coloring and loayout ROCKS!
    Cute image by the way!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this, Cindy! So many beautiful details and your stitching is fantastic! I love the warm, soft colors and all the little branches and dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I give you an A+!! It's fab all the way around - from the coloring and layering to the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet! What a stunner of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so cute, Cindy! I absolutely adore the image and your coloring and 3D layering is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable spring card, Cindy. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?