Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot Be Inspired #46

Here it is Wednesday again and that means a new Be Inspired for you at Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot . This week's theme is Back to School and our sponsor is Cosmo Cricket . I gotta say, this was way out of my comfort zone! I've made a few journals and even some boxes, but I mostly make cards. Once I decided to jump in and do it, this turned out to be quite fun!

I hope you will jump in and do it, too, and enter your own creation! Our samples are just for inspiration, to show you how many wonderful things can be done and I know your creation will be just as wonderful! It doesn't have to be a big set - even just a couple of pieces would be fabulous ... we'd love, love, love to see what you come up with!! Let's rock the numbers on the entries this week! We would love to reach 100 entries and for that we need you!


On the left you can see I've altered a note pad. Next, in the back, is a magnetic Locker Pocket. Just in front of that is a miniature backpack that I made with paper, ribbon and eyelets. Then there are also a couple of paper covered pencils, a pen and a glue stick. In the back, to the right, is a sliding Pencil Case with a magnetic closure on a Cuttlebug embossed flap.

All my Back to School items are covered with Cosmo Cricket Paper and embellished with Cosmo Cricket chipboard pieces. Wonderful product to work with!


This is the sliding pencil case. When closed the flap is held down with magnets so it doesn't slide open and lose those fabulous coordinating pencils, pen and glue stick!

This really is a miniature backpack! It has a pocket on the front and straps on the back. It can easily be used for small items like lunch money, gift cards, treats, etc. The pocket and top flap have a magnetic closures. Instructions to make the backpack are at Splitcoast.

This Locker Pocket has two big strips of magnet on the back so it can adhere to a locker door.

Be sure to hop over to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot and see the other Design Team samples! You will be amazed at how great Back To School can be!

Materials used:
Paper - Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments - Cosmo Cricket Blackboard Chipboard, eyelets, ribbon
Ink - Color Box pigment ink pad used to cover Chipboard after applying Gesso
Misc - round note pad, magnetic locker box, pencils, pen, glue stick.

15 comments:

  1. This is a great set! You did a great job I would have never know you were outside your comfort zone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous set! Love the different pieces... that backpack is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Cindy, this set is gorgeous. So many different pieces. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute set, my favorite is the magnetic locker pocket..so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is absolutely fabulous cindy, looove having you here with us, soooo much inspiration ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh!!! Cindy, what stunning designs. I love every bit of this. Out of your comfort zone? Well you hit this one outta the ball park. The texture and colours are so fun & I am crazy for the way you used the chipboard. What an ingenious idea to cover a glue stick too. Way to rock the Cosmo! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly `Gorgeous` Cindy ...I love your project TFS
    Enjoy the rest of your week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy this is fantastic!! Makes me sooooooo want to try something a bit different!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Cindy! I love all the pieces but the backpack is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME set Cindy! Makes me wish I had signed on to the team early enough to get some Cosmo!
    Any kid would be proud to take all of this sweet coordinating stuff to school!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cindy, how fun having you on our team!!..I am getting so many ideas..like the pencil case!!..

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS set Cindy! Love the chipboard and the everything you've created!

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job, Cindy! So different! I love the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so pretty and elegant! i can't believe this is cosmo paper --- who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this set is just amazing! Beautiful work!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?